Educational Retirement Course
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the recent CDC move to limit gatherings to no more than 50 people, The Prepare Institute has made the decision to postpone, and reschedule many of our upcoming retirement education courses. Since many people may be carriers of the virus without showing or feeling any symptoms, there is no way we can absolutely ensure the health and safety of everyone inside a classroom. Your health and safety is very important to us, and we feel that this is in the best interest of both the attendees as well as the Prepare staff and instructors. If you have questions about a class you are scheduled to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Providing accurate, unbiased and up-to-date retirement education through college style courses and classes nationwide.
The Prepare Institute is a national non-profit educational institution that provides college style retirement education courses and classes for adults between the ages of 50-70. These courses and classes provide unbiased information on all areas of retirement and estate planning, and are for general, non-commercial education only.
This Class Is Designed Specifically For
- Individuals who are retired or will be retiring in the next 10 years.
- Individuals looking for proper retirement education and knowledge that is not available in most schools and universities.
- Investors looking for the most up to date and accurate information on tax, healthcare, income and estate planning as well as unbiased information on how investments and the markets really work, and not the standardized information shared by large brokerage houses, banks and Wall Street firms.
- Current and future retirees who are concerned about the future of the U.S. tax rates and trends.
"The class was informative, organized, well presented, held my attention and was well worth the time. Several issues were brought to light that we had not considered. I highly recommend the class." - Karen G
Why this class is important
Today’s retirement landscape is vastly different from decades past. With constant tax law changes, an uncertain future for health care and Social Security, the shift toward employee-directed retirement plans, and the probable onset of widespread changes in the U.S. government, the need for sound retirement strategies has never been greater.
This course is designed to deliver comprehensive and up-to-date information, education and knowledge to help you properly prepare for and maintain a successful retirement plan in today’s world. There are so many different and important decisions to make when planning for your retirement. Thus, proper information, knowledge, and education is key. This course focuses on your specific retirement planning questions and concerns.
Introduction to The New Retirement Paradigm
• Yesterday vs. today’s retirement plan
• New retirement opportunities
• Identifying your values, goals, objectives and desires
• The retirement planning process
• How long must your money last?
• How much will you need in order to retire?
• When can you retire?
• 10 biggest retirement planning mistakes
Tax Implications During Retirement
• How different types of retirement assets and incomes are
affected by taxation
• The impact and effect that rising tax rates could have on
your assets and cash flow in retirement
• How much of your retirement savings accounts do you
• What deductions will you lose in retirement?
• Could you possibly face a higher tax bracket in
• Tools and Strategies to reduce, minimize and/or
eliminate taxes in retirement
• Health Insurance, Medicare and Medicare Supplements
• Long-term care protection options
• How much financial risk am I willing to assume?
• The importance and benefits of life insurance
• What level of insurance do I require?
• Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
• What are the necessary tools for giving me the coverage I
• Retirement goals and time horizon
• Types of investment risks
• Types of investment strategies
• Cash accounts, Bonds, Stocks, Mutual Funds
• Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
• Tax-deferred annuities
• Structured Notes
• Market Linked FDIC insured CDs
• How to properly draw income from your nest egg
• The impact of taxes and inflation
• Longevity risk
• Sequencing risk
• Social Security Maximization – How and When to elect
• Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans
• Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
• Case Studies
• Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, Roth Conversions
• Strategies to maximize income and minimize taxes
• Direct vs. Indirect Rollovers
• Multi-generational and Inherited IRAs
Estate and Legacy Planning
• How to transfer assets based upon your wishes
• Estate Tax and other Tax implications
• Wills, Trusts and Legal Documents
• How Living Trusts work
• What is Probate and do you need it?
• IRA Inheritance Trust
• Selecting Power of Attorney
Course Tuition, Workbook and Other Materials
Course tuition is $49 to include: 2 three hour classroom sessions, course workbooks and class materials. The workbooks are designed to follow along in class, and written in easy to understand terms with examples and illustrations to help you learn more about the financial concepts being discussed. Together, the workbook and class materials provide a step-by-step process to apply your knowledge and will become a useful reference tool after the completion of the course. THESE ARE YOURS TO KEEP.
The Prepare Institute is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution that provides retirement planning courses and classes nationwide. Our instructors are licensed and trained financial professionals with a minimum of 5+ years of real-world experience in their field. The Prepare Institute courses do not promote or endorse any specific products or companies, and no selling is allowed. The Prepare Institute educational courses are for general, non-commercial, education only and are not intended to be construed as tax, legal or financial advice. Attendees should seek the assistance of a financial and tax professional familiar with the course material prior to implementing any of the principles and strategies taught or discussed in the course